Thread: Was "The Fourteen Bears in Summer & Winter" replaced by something?

Default Was "The Fourteen Bears in Summer & Winter" replaced by something?

I don't have this book. I can't figure out if it was replaced, or I just didn't get it.

TIA

Blue

I just looked on the website and I don't see it listed w/ the AW program. I know it was in the program when we did it several years ago. In fact my little one still likes to get it out for me to read.
    wife to dh for 17 yrs
    mom to 4 : ds 23 -college grad
    dd 15: gymnast:Biblioplan; PH Bio; IEW; TTC & WTW; TT Alg 2/Critical Thinking; AOP Spanish & Art; Driver's Ed
    ds 13: baseball player and video gamer: WP QMA; TT Pre-Alg; IEW; Winston; Lego Mindstorms ed.; WP HB&F; keyboarding; Critical Thinking

ds 8: music lover and daredevil:Wilson reading; WP LA 1; Horizon 2 Math; Queen's Lang Lsn; WP AW; piano, guitar, karate

It is listed under Life in the Polar Regions. I'll email WP and see what they say.

Here is the response I got from WP

The book "Fourteen Bears Summer and Winter" was replaced by a Henry Huggins and Kitten for a day. The reason for this is that the "14 Bears..." book had gone out of print. We always update our guides when any changes are made to the program. It must be an editing mistake in that guide since it wasn't removed. I am sorry about the confusion.

Sincerely,
    Autumn
    WP

So basically, they forgot to edit the IG to take out 14 Bears and forgot to send the replacement books in my program. Sigh. I really like the WP materials, but their service can be stinky.