Thread: Early American Trades and Crafts Kit?

Question Early American Trades and Crafts Kit?

I know this may be premature since the catalog just came out...

But, has anyone ordered this? What exactly does it include? In the catalog it just lists the crafts by name, not the supplies. Just wondering if these are more 'paper' like crafts or actual hands-on 3-D type crafts?

I believe these NOT to be paper crafts. I ordered this, and my order arrived today but the kit will not be shipped til April 5. I'll let you know what it's like as soon as I have it in my eager hands.
    Jennifer C.
    Married to John, Mommy of Gabriel, age 3
    Andrew, 3rd (Amer Story 2 on our own schedule, Animals and Their Worlds for science, BJU Math, AOP Lifepac LA3, Truthquest readers)
    Joshua, 6th (TruthQuest History AHYS 2 with parts of AC2, Adaptive Curriculum Science, AOP Lifepac LA6, Thinkwell Math/Life of Fred, WP readers, Truthquest Beginnings for Bible) Past:AS1-2,WAM,AW,S&S,HIH&IRTL

Default Trades & Crafts Kit

Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhite
    I ordered this, and my order arrived today but the kit will not be shipped til April 5. I'll let you know what it's like as soon as I have it in my eager hands.
    Jennifer,

I am considering ordering this and was wondering if you've received yours yet and what you think of it.

Thanks, Charlotte

I haven't received this yet. Has anyone?

Since this is a new set, it's likely been delayed for whatever reason. We won't start till June 30 so I'm not at all worried yet.
    Jennifer C.
    Andrew, 3rd (Amer Story 2 on our own schedule, Animals and Their Worlds for science, BJU Math, AOP Lifepac LA3, Truthquest readers)
    Joshua, 6th (TruthQuest History AHYS 2 with parts of AC2, Adaptive Curriculum Science, AOP Lifepac LA6, Thinkwell Math/Life of Fred, WP readers, Truthquest Beginnings for Bible) Past:AS1-2,WAM,AW,S&S,HIH&IRTL

Can someone who has received this kit tell me more about it? I can't find much of a description of what it includes anywhere.

Hi - they are not paper crafts. Its a pretty good kit - I am happy I got it. There is a page in the catalogue that lists the projects. There is variety and quality materials. The kingpin is a lamp kit to make a conestoga wagon! I wouldn't have done that. There is also the convenience of a kit that has a bit of this and that to do all the projects - so felt, beads, rug hooking canvas, a teepee template etc.

My only lamentation really comes from a great set of books I got at a historic site - it has a book for colonial crafts and homecrafts, and there are still so many others not in the kit that i need to do with my son this year. I wish they had another kit for things like spinning (with a drop spindle), weaving, soapmaking, cheesemaking (like recipe, cheese cloth and rennet tablets), etc.

Here's a quote from Tina/FiveintheTree, thanks, Tina!

Talking Mine came today!
    It's a nice sized box stuffed with good things! I haven't really looked through the included items yet but the spiral bound booklet looks really well done. I think my guys will enjoy the projects!!! If you would like to know anything specific, let me know and I'll do my best.

The activities listed are:
    Plum Stone Game
    Cloth Tepee
    Birchbark Canoe
    Spanish Doubloons
    Latch Hook Rug
    Warrior's/Dance Armband
    Pierced Tin
    English Stamp
    Colonial Compositor
    Star in a Snip
    Secret Messages
    Stick Dice
    Mandan Corn
    Conestoga Wagon Lamp
    Possibles Bag
    Silhouette Portraits
    Talking Feather
    Storytelling Bag

Thanks!

Tina
    We have completed the cloth tepee, plum stone game and the warrior armband so far. The Spanish doubloons are waiting to be painted, and I'm not sure my second grade ds is up to the latch hook rug. We will complete the canoe as soon as I remember to pick up paraffin from the store (I am positive my ds will be floating this boat so I choose to complete the optional waterproofins step).

DS says these activities are his favorite part of school.
    Jennifer C.

Thank you, everyone! This is what I needed to know... guess I will add it to my ever-growing list of things to order! It sounds like it is right up my son's alley.